Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing a VPN Client

I currently connect to a VPN provided by a well known news providing company locally from my desktop via "Cisco VPN Client" software. I'd like to be able to share this connection with my colleagues to create a sort of site-to-site VPN connection.

We already have an office LAN with internet access, so I was looking at the "Cisco 851 Series Integrated Services Router" as a way of doing this. I see this product has VPN capabilities, but unfortunately my knowledge of networks is very limited so I'm unsure whether or not this scenario would work.

Could anyone out there offer any advice? I'm happy to share more details about this scenario if necessary.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Robert

The operation of a Remote Access VPN (which is what you are using currently) and the operation of a site to site VPN are quite different (especially with regard to authentication of users on the VPN). Your 851 is certainly capable of operating a site to site VPN. But to do this would require some changes on the provider side of things as well as on your end.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card