Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6.0 on VMWARE

a.pawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anybody sucessfully installed CUCMBE on VMWARE in a lab? I am having problem installing CUCMBE in lab environment. It seems to be happy to install the CUCM but fails to install Unity Connection and bombs out giving an unknown error. The machine I am using has got 2 GB physical memory and the VMWARE machine has been configured with 528 MB memory and 50 GB HDD. Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ati

7 Replies 7

HYE WILSON
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem installing CUCMBE on VMWARE. The exact same problem you described. I would love to know if anyone was able to do this.

TIA,

HYW.

You can give a try with hard drive size 146GB and do not allocate the drive space.

Hope this helps.

This works with CUCMBE 7.0(1) at least. I have it running in my lab.

It is worth noting that this normally runs on 6GB of RAM in a MCS7828 server. I really doubt it is going to work with such a low amount. Tomcat will crash for sure. Give it a lot more ram and at LEAST 72GB of drive space and see what happens.

Hi

You need 2Gig of Ram for CUCM and 2 Gig of Ram for UC. So, if you have 2 gigs only, what you could do is that first install CUCM with 2gigs of RAM and after installation, lower the RAM setting to 700 MB on vm image for CUCM, Install UC with 2gigs of RAM and after installation you could use also around 800Mb of ram for UC. Bit slow, but does the job. Make sure you have 80 gigs of Hard disk space for each vm image. Try to split it into 2gigs files.

Cheers

Ikram

I had the same issue with all version 6 CUCMBE I ended up just installing CUCM on one VMWARE session and Unity on another. It still works like allowing you to import users etc just measn you cant manage the administration of both applications through the same browser window

Thanks

Paul

Hello friends,

You can install the CCM6.x on the VMware succesfully.

Install the Ubuntu on the PC with 2 GB RAM, install VMware server and while creating the VM Machine choose the OS are RedHat server 3 entprise. Hard disk must be 72 GB, memory alloation 1 GB. Split files to 2 Gb each. After this you may install CCM6.

I'm running CUCMBE 6 with Unity, IPCC, AD, Presence on a pc with 3g duo core, 8 gb of ram, 1 terrabyte hd....Using Linux as the VM Host... Runs very smooth...

I would suggest Linux for VMware as the OS takes much less overhead and you can track your memory usage much easier.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: