Views
Helpful
Replies

User unable to access voice mail, service is temporarily unavailable error

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good morning,

Please could you assist me with the following issue we are having with regards to the above subject line.

One of our internal LCH users - Rob Weal ext 7386 is unable to access his voice mail a/c via his Cisco phone. Every time Rob selects the messages button on his phone, a pre recorded message states that this . However Rob is able to access his voice mail via outlook and play the message through his phone.

I have checked the a/c config in both Call Manager and Unity and all appears normal. As a last resort I have deleted and recreated Rob Weal's a/c's. When accessing voice mail via the phone Rob is able to run through the voice mail wizard setup but just before his details are stored and saved, the pre recorded message plays again - this service is temporality unavailable. I have remove the set subscriber for self-enrolment option but the message appears as soon as you select the messages button. A new phone has also been installed and tested but the same thing happens.

We are unable to create a test unity a/c to see if the same issue happens as we have run out of Unity licences.

Please could you assist and advise

Please rate all useful posts
1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Based on the behavior you described, my first thought is that the unitymessagestoreservice account may not have the permissions needed to access this user's account.

Since he's able to access the messages via Outlook (using his own credentials), it appears that there is no problem with the mailbox itself, but how it's being accessed when the user is trying to do so via the phone.

Here's some further information about permissions required by Unity: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWReportHelp_ENU.htm

I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: