Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS to be deleted

nasheer.ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having Cisco 1751 router.In that i tried to delete the IOS but it was showing deleted in the brackets.

System flash directory:

File Length Name/status

1 4096 c1700-ipbasek9-mz.124-3b.bin [deleted]

2 5920708 c1700-y-mz.123-2.T2.bin

3 10852250 c1700-ipbasek9-mz.124-3b.bin [deleted]

[16777248 bytes used, 16777184 available, 33554432 total]

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

when iam trying to load another IOS iam getting error message as sapce not available.Pls help to solve this issue.

regds

Nasheer

8 Replies 8

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nasheer

You need to use the squeeze command to regain the space in your flash

1721# squeeze flash:

HTH

Jon

Hi,

Iam getting the below error message

Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]

First create squeeze log by erasing the entire device

%Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)

regds

Nasheer

Dear Nasheer,

To reclaim the space in Flash memory, use 'squeeze flash' command. If squeeze command is not working use 'erase flash' command. After completion, download your IOS back to the Router.

Note: Be sure, you have a console access when erasing flash. Just in case if router reboots while downloading IOS or erasing flash.

Nasheer

I have encountered that error on 1700s. I am not clear about what causes it, but as the error message indicates you must erase flash (use the privilege level command erase flash:) and then you should be able to copy the new IOS into flash.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Could it be that the error message occurs if you originally formatted the flash with the /no-reserve-squeeze-space option? (My syntax is not correct, but it is something like that).

I have some 2600s on which I have done that trick in order to get 12.2(15)T17 to fit in. What it does mean is that I cannot defragment the flash (a.k.a. squeeze). The message I get if I try and do so is similar to this one.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Kevin

That might be one reason for it. I did not use that option on these routers. So I am not clear whether there might be more than one cause or whether that option had been used on the routers before they got to me. I experience it on relatively few of the 1700s that I have worked with, so I do not think that it is generic to the platform or to the type of flash system that they use.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

andychua.chua
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, i also face same problem as yours, the only solution is to erase flash, but make sure you have the console and you know how to copy IOS in ROMMON mode. this problem could be flash corrupt.

Hi All,

The problem solved after erasing the falsh and uploading thru xmodem.

Thank you all for the support

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card