cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

want to access nated Ip from Inside

hai_nit2
Level 1
Level 1

I have one firewall ASA5510, and I configured NAT from inside IP to Ouside IP on ASA5510, and I want to access that Outside Ip from Inside,Please Help me, I am trying from last 1-week but still I am unable to do that.

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

If you don't have one already, and you need this to work from a bunch of machines inside, set up a DNS server for the inside network with the correct inside NAT address for the internal resources (in addition to caching the external references).

If this is just for your machine, then edit the hosts file with the internal address mapped to the external dns name.

The hosts file is under SYSTEM32\ETC\DRIVERS (which starts under the directory name of either WINDOWS or WINNT)

There are examples in the hosts.sam file, ust edit your hosts in following that format and save it as "hosts" (no .sam extension).

Windows searches that file for address resolution before sending a DNS request (for *nix, it uses /etc/hosts).

Good Luck

Scott

HEllo Scott,

Thanks for your reply,

I changed tht host file but still same. I am not able to ping ,

hey I just wanted to know that in ASA I need to change anything or any access list for that.If yes please tell me the command.

Thanks,

Nitin

You need to create another static. Here's a link that explains how/why. If you need more help, let us know.

http://blogs.interfacett.com/mike-storm/2006/6/29/bidirectional-nat-on-a-cisco-pix-or-asa.html

HTH and please rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card