cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750 reboot

g.leonard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch stack of two 3750s. Recently the master in the stack rebooted. I am trying to determine why. Unfortunately the switch is only configured to log to the internal bufer and this has been overwritten with more recent events. Is there any way to find out why the restart occured (it wasn't planned).

9 Replies 9

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leonard,

Can you check the output of "sh version" it should show you reload reason. This output may give you some idea.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi Ankur

"sh version" tells you when the stack was reloaded and why which in our case was a power on a few weeks ago which I am aware of. The recent restart of the master switch is displayed at the bottom of the command output but it doesn't display a reason why.

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

Can you issue a command "sh tech" and see if you get any stack trace? Also is it possible for you to post the output of "sh version"?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur

Please see attached files

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

With the outputs I cannot find anyting specific. Can you issue "sh tech" and then do you see any crash or stack trace?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur

I've looked through the "sh tech". I can't see anything related to a crash. But I'm not 100% sure what to look for though.

Regards

Gary

Ankur

Is there a way of configuring the switch so that it dumps info in the future?

Gary

Thanks for your help Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card