cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Archieving using RCP.

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

I have some devices that can't archive using SSH but can only archive configs using Telnet. Is LMS 2.5 specific to SSH version 2 only?

I need to use RCP but its giving me error "Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for 172.27.233.2 Cause: Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection timed out: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required".

I have set the RCP user to ciscoworks on the ciscoworks server and configured my devices as follows "ip rcmd rcp-enable

ip rcmd remote-host ciscoworks 172.16.15.15 ciscoworks enable

ip rcmd remote-username ciscoworks"

In the transport settings i have put RCP top on priority.

What could be the problem.

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

LMS 2.5 avoid like the plague. Upgrade to 2.5.1 or even better 2.6.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A connection timed out almost always points to a firewall between the LMS server and the device. Had RCP not been running on the device, you would have received a connection refused message. Check the connectivity between server and device, and try running "debug ip tcp rcmd" to see if the packets are actually making it to the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: