Views
Helpful
Replies

bridge 1310 radio power level

lopezj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to intall two 1310 bridges 1Km each other with external antennas. I'm in spain, and the maximun EIRP allowed is 20dBm.

EIRP=transmitter power + antenna gain - cable loss

The antenna gain is 13,5dB and the cable loss is 6,6dB, then the maximun tansmitter power should be 13,1dBm (20mW) If I use the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculation Utility, configuring regulatory domain ETSI, bridge 1310 with remote antenna, datarate 54, OFDM, 13,5dBi Yagui, cable 150 feet ultra low loss, I only can configure 1mW as power level. Why I cannot configure 20mW?. If I change to CCK (11Mbps) I can configure up to 5mW, why more than for OFDM? and why I cannot configure up to 20mW in both CCK and OFDM? I will continue within the EIRP limits...

Regards!

Jordi

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/b37rf.html#wp1057419 for configuring the power level . If you are unable to set it up this might be an issue with the software. Try to reset and reconfigure the access point.

Thanks a lot for your help. However, the problem is not with the configuration of the AP, the problem is with the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculation Utility. I want to be sure to be within the legislation limits. I think that I can transmit up to 20mW (13,5dBi Yagui & 150 feet Ultra low loss cable on both sites the EIRP is less than 20dBm), but with the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculation Utility (a Cisco exel to calculate the configuration of a wireless link and obtain the range) I only have the options of 1mW for CCK an 5mW with OFDM, I want to be sure that I can configure 20mW on the AP and be within legislation limits.

Regards!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card