cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstall/Reinstall IPCC Express Premium HA node

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Due to an initial installation problem (MSDE vs SQL 2000) in a HA setup, I need to uninstall and reinstall my second node. In a lab setting I'm having problems during the reinstallation with node 1 becoming "invalid".

Can anyone help with some steps for successfully uninstalling and reinstalling a IPCC Express node?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the first thing you have to do, is recover your first node. The goal is to have a clean first node (simplex).

Also take a look in the serviceability tool.

Dont't try to fix the HA if there are any issues left with your first node.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

simonandorfi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please tell us a bit more about version you are using and whats going wrong with MSDE / SQL.

What you schould do is:

1) De-Install the Second Node (should be removed in ControlCenter)

2) Reboot your first Node

3) If there are any problems left with your services do a recover

If the first Node is running fine add your second server ..

Simon

I'm running IPCC Express Premium 4.0(5)SR1. The cluster was originally installed by vendors as HA cluster with MSDE, which we know will never work. After installing SQL (installed by reinstalling IPCC, checking "Install SQL" and then installing SQL from Cisco disk.

After installing SQL, the datastores will not replicate. There are clearly inconsistencies in the node 2 sql (login id's, server names, etc.) which is why I want to uninstall and reinstall.

I think the first thing you have to do, is recover your first node. The goal is to have a clean first node (simplex).

Also take a look in the serviceability tool.

Dont't try to fix the HA if there are any issues left with your first node.

By recover, do you mean BARS backup, reinstall and then restore?

first try a recover (you do not need any backupfiles)

if this does not help you can do a restore (this is to backup data and configuration with BARS and restore that in a new installation)

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give it a try and post results.

You installation steps worked great. The step I had been missing (worked with TAC for 8 weeks) was recovering Node 1 after removing Node 2. HA is working correctly now.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: