Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending alerts with CS-MARS

Hi people,

I have a CS-MARS and need to send alerts when specific events occurs. Using the action field in the inspection rules, this is achieved without problems.

But, I need configure alerts by a most general way, like for events of a specific severity or rule group, and not rule by rule. How can I configure CS-MARS by this way?

I'm waiting for a reply.

Regards,

brHS.

1 Reply 1

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

You cannot do this in ether case AFAICT. What you might be able to do is configure the action for all inspection rules to send a syslog to the ip address of the MARS box. Then create a "keyword" inspection rule to specifically fire based on the severity shown in the syslog message. Here is an example of what the syslogs look like:

<34>Mon Jan 7 13:51:08 2008 %MARS-1-101: Rule 205795 (Local Administrators group - membe­rship modified) fired and caused yellow Incident 747340504, starting from Mon Jan 7 13:50:57 2008 t­o Mon Jan 7 13:50:57 2008

The rule name is "Local Administrators group - membership modified" and the Severity of the incident is yellow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: