cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public Distribution Lists problem

pbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble with DLs after moving Unity 4.2.1 to new hardware and upgrading from W2K to 2003.

I cannot manage the DLs from SA. When I click on Members, all of the options are grayed out.

I've also noticed that the names of the DLs have strange new names. For example, "CAPH-ACS-CH Admin" is now "CAPH-ACS-CH Admin088d4c2f". I have a lot of DLs that I used to grant permissions to change the greetings of several CHs.

What should I do?

Thanks,

--Patrick

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick -

I believe this is the problem ... prior to performing the DiRT restore of your Unity system, these distribution lists existed and were not deleted from the system (AD/Exchange). When the DiRT restore was run, it attempted to create these again. Since the alias of each was already in use, it had no choice but to create the DL using the hex chars at the end of the name. A similar thing happened to me when I moved a Unity 4.0(3) server to new hardware. If you look, I suspect you will also see duplicates of your AllSubscribers, Unaddressed messages etc. In my case, I attempted to cleanup by deleting the DLs, however I deleted the wrong ones and Unity began registering errors. I worked with TAC and we used this utility (see attached link) to rebuild Unity's Public DLs - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801c0765.shtml#unity_later

However, I would check with TAC on those you have created and imported. I would want to check in Unity's DB to confirm the name of the DL and ensure it is using the correct one before proceeding with a delete. Another option would be to delete the DL from Unity and reimport from Active Directory/Exchange. Here again, I would consult TAC to make sure you get the right ones.

Ginger

I worked with TAC. The probem was that I did not check the "allow Unity to manage AD" box. I reran the PM with this setting and it works now.

I still have some other issues but that is beyond the scope of this topic.

Thanks,

p.s. I had CCO support change my user name. I didn't like my email address hanging out like that.

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: