cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 not handing DHCP addresses on data wireless VLAN?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a new UC520 that is not handing out IP addresses via DHCP on the wireless Data VLAN.

DHCP works fine when using one of the physical ports and for wireless phones on the voice VLAN, but just not wireless on the data VLAN.

If I set a static IP address on the correct subnet (192.168.10.0/24), I can use the wireless data VLAN successfully.

I have reloaded the device several times, as well as changed the wireless security settings. I have also removed the DNS settings for the DHCP server thinking that might be the case. Nothing works.

I have searched online but have found nothing as well.

Please assist ASAP.

7 Replies 7

erikjustinlee
Level 1
Level 1

Post a config for me please :)

Here it is

I think your missing the ip addr on your vlans.

oops, lol not paying att, its there.... um... let me look again...

You don't have your dns servers in the dhcp pool, but other than that it looks right... hrm... I'm at a lose right now, plus the power is out and I'm in a storm lol. Sorry. So does it just time out when it tries to connect or what?

Yes, just times out. Get default Windows IP.

Ahhh...just figured something out...I get connected just fine on an XP host, but not on Vista.

Strange, does anyone know if Vista uses a DHCP protocol variant or does things inherently different than XP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: