Unanswered Question
Jan 7th, 2008

Hi all,

Could someone kindly confirm whether we would be tested on regular expressions & prefix lists under BGP for 642-901?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
LordFlasheart Tue, 01/08/2008 - 00:29

There wasn't anything on prefix-lists in my exam at the start of December and it isn't covered in either the Self Study, Exam Guide, or Student Guide.

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you refer to regular expressions but I think that you may mean basic configuration commands to get BGP working - in which case, yes, you will need to know them.

Please rate if helpful.

royalblues Tue, 01/08/2008 - 01:09

Regular expressions are mostly not tested in the BSCI exam but you need to know what a prefix-list is as these can be used not only with BGP but also for route filtering

Regular expressions are seen in the CCIP BGP exam 642-661

janesh_abey Tue, 01/08/2008 - 05:03

G'day Chris & Narayan,

Many thanks for the feedback and I feel much better .I intend to sit for the exam on next Monday.Chris, as Narayan mentioned regular expressions are like wild cards use to filter attributes.I accidently bumped into them when I was doing some reading on BGP.Its quite relief to know that I should not worry about it.

PS:I did not get any option to rate the replies.any clue?

royalblues Tue, 01/08/2008 - 05:14

All you need to do is to use the scroll bar on the right corner of the post to rate :-)

Best luck for your exams

janesh_abey Wed, 01/09/2008 - 03:27

I dont see a scroll bar in any of the posts.I only see

| Show All Messages | Bookmark | E-Mail this Message |

at the end of the post and thats it :(

LordFlasheart Wed, 01/09/2008 - 06:11

If you come to this forum via the Cisco website (e.g. the CCNP prep center) you don't see any ratings drop-down list.

When I first started posting and seeing people asking for post ratings I didn't know what the hell they were on about. Eventually I stumbled across the forums via Net Pro and you can find this very forum via

HTH :-)

This Discussion