cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative to Real Time Monitoring Tool

davidblu
Level 1
Level 1

We use the Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to monitor our E1 Circuits (CM 4). We find that RTMT only gives a "used channels" figure for the ENTIRE router, as opposed to a figure for each E1 Circuit.

As an example, suppose we have four 30 channel E1 circuits on a router. RTMT gives us a utilization figure out of 120, instead of giving us four circuit utilization figures, each out of 30.

Is there a way within the RTMT to monitor channel usage on individual E1 circuits? If not, is there another tool (Either free or commercially available) that allows us to monitor individual E1 channel usage?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kolkatagtc
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has its own software for these purposes which helps for monitoring other than E1 circuits also. Its named as CUOM (Cisco Unified Operations Manager).

Thanks.

View solution in original post

msaskin
Level 1
Level 1

You can get the information in a few ways.

The most inexpensive (free) is going to be to pull the information from the gateway itself via SNMP. The ifTable OID's should have what you want.

Aside from that, there are various 3rd party applications that will let you do this. Personally, I use Prognosis IPTM for my own organization and across all of our client environments.

-matt

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kolkatagtc
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has its own software for these purposes which helps for monitoring other than E1 circuits also. Its named as CUOM (Cisco Unified Operations Manager).

Thanks.

msaskin
Level 1
Level 1

You can get the information in a few ways.

The most inexpensive (free) is going to be to pull the information from the gateway itself via SNMP. The ifTable OID's should have what you want.

Aside from that, there are various 3rd party applications that will let you do this. Personally, I use Prognosis IPTM for my own organization and across all of our client environments.

-matt

davidblu
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much folks.

I'll be investigating all three (SNMP, Cisco CUOM and Prognosis IPTM). The screenshots and bio sheets for the Prognosis product look rather promising.

Thanks again.

Can you send me some info on Prognosis? we're looking at Solar Winds also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: