Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading/Editing Phone F/W files in CallManager 5.x & 6.x

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm familiar with uploading files via TFTP to CallManager 5.x and 6.x. But I've yet to find a way of d/loading and editing any files. I want to view a specific phones firware file. I've tried using CLI but appear to be getting knowhere.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure why you want to view a phones firmware file because you can not change or edit anything in these files. It's not like you can edit the file, have it download to the phone and change some function of the phone.

what are you trying to accomplish and maybe we can help point you in the correct direction

Apologies for not being clearer. We recently upgraded the f/w for 7941/61's at a customers site (to resolve another issue) and they're complaining that they now have the Intercom History displayed when they press the Directories button and would like it removed. There must be an asp file or firmware file that we can amend to remove this?

Check this bug CSCsk99117 Saw it in another forum here.

cheers

Bingo, thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dez/Tommer

Nice find TCAT! 5 points for you and all the best in 2008 :)

Cheers!

Rob

happy 2008 to as well. May the netpro forums be every so kind to you.

As for the CS bug find, it's all on the key words you search for. I was actually wondering myself how to get rid of it. ha.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: