cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Firmware upgrade

Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Any idea how to upgrade firmware on VG248 Analog gateway? I tried ftp and it failed unless use via console access.

thanks in advance

cheers

Muhammad

7 Replies 7

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

You must check your network and maybe FW. I have upgraded several 248 and normally you just FTP to the VG248 and upload the file and do a reboot.

Maybe factory default might help,

Good luck,

Jan

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

You must check your network and maybe FW. I have upgraded several 248 and normally you just FTP to the VG248 and upload the file and do a reboot.

Maybe factory default might help,

Good luck,

Jan

I am using microsoft ftp client software, is that ok or switch to something else?

cheers

I was also using the MS client.

Just ftp to the VG248 and give username/password.

Switch to binary and upload the file.

If this doesn't work, you might have a corrupted image.

Good luck

Jan

What login name to use, normally via console there is no user just password to get into the box config mode?

Or we need to creat user name and password for ftp.

thanks

The VG248 only accepts a passwords, no usernames. Sorry forgot that.

Don't know if it is needed for FTP, but I always set a password. The only thing you must keep in mind is that if you set a password and an enable password, you must use the enable password for FTP.

Can you connect to the VG248 using FTP, does the FTP client tells you that you are logged in?

See further:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080235151.html#wp1029333

Jan

I've upgraded many VG248's over that last 4-5 years and have experienced trouble ftping for Windows on various machines. I take the same image and dump it on a Linux machine and ftp and it works perfectly. On the Windows PCs the file transfer aborts half way through. Haven't figured out why. Truthfully, I didn't care because I had a workaround.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: