Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS only matching on Precedence 6 and 7

mayambanzumba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this issue on Cisco 7206VXR whereby the configured class maps only match on IP predence 6 and 7. I have configured seven class maps to match on each of the seven IP Precedence values. The Ip precedence is being set upstream by an avaya phone from precedence 1 to 7 and I have confirmed, by sniffers, that the right precedence is being set on packets.

I have configured the interface where the policy is applied outbound with the following command:

interface POS2/0

mtu 1600

ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X

load-interval 30

crypto map XXXXX

max-reserved-bandwidth 100

service-policy output XXX

Router model Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G2)

Software:c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin

I removed and reapplied the config, but there is still only a match only on precedence 6 and seven.

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

What traffic is getting encrypted by the crypto map, does it include the traffic matching the class-maps?

You might need to look at Qos-preclassify

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6635/products_white_paper09186a00801890f7.shtml

Posting your QOS configurations can help in investigating further

HTH

Narayan

HTH

Narayan

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

Precedence 6 & 7 are reserved values & not meant to be used for user traffic. If you are talking about avaya phones then, they mark voice traffic with Prec 5 & signalling traffic with Prec 3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card