Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 unicast flooding

Antonio_1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two Cisco 7600 with sup720. HSRP is configured on interface VLAN, and all linecards have DFC. Because of HSRP unicast flooding is experienced in my network. I tried with increasing mac-address-table aging to 4 hours, but it didin't help. I also tried reducing arp timeout to 5 min which also didn't give any resulsts. Does anyone have any suggestion how to fix this and also why the above mentioned actions didn't help.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Unknown unicast traffic is flooded to all Layer 2 ports in a VLAN. You can prevent this behavior by using the UUFB feature. The UUFB feature blocks unknown unicast traffic flooding and only permits egress traffic with MAC addresses that are known to exit on the port. The UUFB feature is supported on all ports that are configured with the switchport command, including private VLAN (PVLAN) ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806c0a2b.html

Thanks you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card