Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Redundancy

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up configure TFTP redundancy for CCM 5.1.

We ran into an issue yesterday that didn't work as I thought it would.

I currently have 2 CCMs (one pub, one sub) and 9 remote sites. Under option 150 for the remote sites, I configured the IPs for the pub/sub(10.50.0.10,10.50.0.11). By default, all phones are registered with the Subscriber. I was under the impression, during the failure of the subscriber the remote sites would attempt to re-register with the Publisher before failing over to SRST. During my failure yesterday, the remote sites failed directly to SRST. I was able to get the phones to register with the Publisher by changing the TFTP order under option 150.

Am I missing something for the redundancy to work? Failover did work as intended for any phone not using SRST.

Thanks.

-- Dominique

2 Replies 2

sibun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dominique,

Do you have the following commands in you SRST router config:

ccm-manager config server 10.50.0.10 10.50.0.11 (This command is for TFTP redundancy)

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.50.0.10 10.50.0.11

ccm-manager switchover-to-backup (Note: This command does not switch the gateway to the backup Cisco Unified Communications Manager server if you have set the ccm-manager switchback command to immediate and the primary Cisco Unified Communications Manager server is still running).

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Sibusiso.

Hi Sibusiso,

No I don't have the extra IPs in those lines.

---

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host ccm-pub

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.50.0.10

ccm-manager config

---

This is what I have for that section.

I'll add those extra commands and test it out when I get the replacement board for my failed CCM.

Thanks for your reply.