Views
Helpful
Replies

About Router 1760 And CCM

Sam20
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new in VoIP domain. We have cisco router 1760 with FXO and call manager 4.0 . When somebody call from outside the company the regular phone rings 3 times before the greetings display. I searched on both router and CCM, but i can't find where i can decrease the number of ring times. The greeting is recorded on cisco unity voice mail.

Also when we press 9 on cisco 7940 we get connected directly to the pstn line, the problem is when we dial a number it takes a long time before it connected to the destination number.

Could somebody please Help.

Best Regards,

2 Replies 2

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

1. The no-answer timer for calls forwarding to voicemail is a configurable option on the CM. Go to the phone, and click on the line in question. Then, you will see an item "No Answer Ring Duration". Change that value (in seconds) to suit your needs. Or, you can check "Forward All" to voicemail to immediately route calls to Unity.

2. It sounds like you have an over-lapping route-pattern in the CM or gateway (if using H.323). Try to eliminate it.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

but i mean that when an outside person call from the landline (pstn), he hears 3 rings before transfer to the auto attendant. i configure the auto attendant on the unity voice mail and if there's no interfere from the person while hearing the greetings, he will redirect to specific extension.

I configured the "No Answer Ring Duration"

on all Cisco 7940.

Is it from the router, after 3 rings it route the outside caller to the main greetings?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: