AP association issue

Answered Question
Jan 8th, 2008
User Badges:

I have several AP that can't associate with the controller.

When I use the debug lwapp option and when I'm connected in console on the APs, I can see that the AP don't send the LWAPP discovery request.

Any idee?

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 9 years 2 months ago

If you are able to console into the AP and do not see the discovery process, check to see if the AP's are autonomous and not LWAPP. Enter any lwapp commands like : show lwapp ip config. If you get an error then you got the wrong ap or you will need to convert to lwapp. Better yet, do a show ver and see.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
d.donnelly Wed, 01/09/2008 - 07:03
User Badges:

Are there any logs that you can post? How many AP's do you have & how many is your Controller licensed for?

Double check the VLAN configurations on all ports as well as DHCP Option 43 and DNS to see if you're missing anything, also reachability from the local switch back to the Controller.

Correct Answer
Scott Fella Wed, 01/09/2008 - 20:37
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

If you are able to console into the AP and do not see the discovery process, check to see if the AP's are autonomous and not LWAPP. Enter any lwapp commands like : show lwapp ip config. If you get an error then you got the wrong ap or you will need to convert to lwapp. Better yet, do a show ver and see.

MouhatNicolas Mon, 01/14/2008 - 08:33
User Badges:

Indeed it was autonomous AP. Our provider made a mistake in the delivery.

I have converted them into light AP and it works now.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode