cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP association issue

MouhatNicolas
Level 1
Level 1

I have several AP that can't associate with the controller.

When I use the debug lwapp option and when I'm connected in console on the APs, I can see that the AP don't send the LWAPP discovery request.

Any idee?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are able to console into the AP and do not see the discovery process, check to see if the AP's are autonomous and not LWAPP. Enter any lwapp commands like : show lwapp ip config. If you get an error then you got the wrong ap or you will need to convert to lwapp. Better yet, do a show ver and see.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

d.donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any logs that you can post? How many AP's do you have & how many is your Controller licensed for?

Double check the VLAN configurations on all ports as well as DHCP Option 43 and DNS to see if you're missing anything, also reachability from the local switch back to the Controller.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are able to console into the AP and do not see the discovery process, check to see if the AP's are autonomous and not LWAPP. Enter any lwapp commands like : show lwapp ip config. If you get an error then you got the wrong ap or you will need to convert to lwapp. Better yet, do a show ver and see.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Indeed it was autonomous AP. Our provider made a mistake in the delivery.

I have converted them into light AP and it works now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card