CCNP Video Mentor

Unanswered Question
Jan 8th, 2008

Does anyone know of a CCNP Video Mentor? When I studied for the CCNA I used the LearnKey CCNA Video Mentor which was brilliant. Helped show and demonstrate what is written in text books.

Currently I have CiscoPress Library 4th Edition for the CCNP, but this is so confusing. Am starting off with the easier exam out of the 4 (BCMSN), however at times it feels I need to find the will to keep my eyes open whilst reading this confusing text. It starts off on a subject, then just before you can grasp the concept it suddenly changes to something else confusing, a different topic.

If only I could find a CCNP Video Mentor, Im sure it will put things into prospective.

Regards

Sachin

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Sachin.bhamra Wed, 01/09/2008 - 01:19

Thanks, I've already ordered this one, waiting for its arrival. However I hear, its not like a Video Mentor where he /she teaches you CCNP from sratch, its more like showing you how to execute the labs and command strings. Im hoping for something that will describe CCNP from top to bottom, describing each protocol and the theory behind it etc.

Will let you know what its like when it arrives.

mnorwood Wed, 01/09/2008 - 06:05

I have the Cisco CCNP Video Mentor. You are correct in that it shows specific things. I think it's pretty decent. However, if you want something a bit more comprehensive, check out the CCNP videos from CBT Nuggets(www.cbtnuggets.com). Those are some of the best training videos I have seen.

fereidoun.fatahiany Wed, 01/23/2008 - 15:21

Hi; I am in the same boat as you are . I have started with BCMSN as well. I found cbtnugget very helpfull to get the grasp then read the 4th edition book followed by the lab. I mean real hardware no the simulators. They are no good. you can pick them up from ebay. c3550 around £ 400.00 or $ 700.00USD. you need two of them and one fast ethernet router and two layer two swiches. Big spender, I know it all costs money. You can update the swich IOS from cisco site but for some reasons not the routers. There is always a brick wall somewhere. Thanks. Fereidoun.

matthewcody Sat, 02/02/2008 - 09:28

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are looking for, but I just finished the CCIE Voice and used a company called IP Expert for training materials. They do offer something called "video on demand" classes - basically DVDs of powerpoint and voiceover - but not sure if they have anything at the "P" level or not.

Actions

This Discussion