Views
Helpful
Replies

Extranet use of DMVPN

dcoghlan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking at deploying DMVPN to be used in an extranet. The dual hub solution within a single dmvpn network is the path I am heading down. I have set all of it up in the lab, but have come across an issue. The spoke sites are able to communicate to each other.

Being a client extranet, we don't want any of the spoke routers to communicate to each other, but still retain the mGRE interface.

I have seen a networkers presentation which says this is possible, but they left out the all important thing of how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Dale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jakepaulus
Level 1
Level 1

You can prevent the dynamic creation of spoke to spoke tunnels by limiting the number of IKE sessions a spoke can create to one (just spoke to hub) using the following command.

crypto call admission limit ike sa 1

You can also tell nhrp to only connect to the hub by issuing the following command on the tunnel interface:

ip nhrp server-only

This doesn't prevent the spoke from talking to another spoke though because you're using a dynamic routing protocol. You'll need to implement an access list on the inside interface of each spoke router to restrict traffic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jakepaulus
Level 1
Level 1

You can prevent the dynamic creation of spoke to spoke tunnels by limiting the number of IKE sessions a spoke can create to one (just spoke to hub) using the following command.

crypto call admission limit ike sa 1

You can also tell nhrp to only connect to the hub by issuing the following command on the tunnel interface:

ip nhrp server-only

This doesn't prevent the spoke from talking to another spoke though because you're using a dynamic routing protocol. You'll need to implement an access list on the inside interface of each spoke router to restrict traffic.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card