cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface details from Entity MIB SNMP

sriharius
Level 1
Level 1

OLD_CHASSIS_MIB is been deprecated. The information from the OID cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled (cardIfIndexTable) is not giving out information. So I was thinking if anyone could help in getting similar kind of information from Entity MIB or which were is relavent or related.

Basically I am asking where did the information from the OID cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled is stored now after the chassis MIB is deprecated

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Since OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS_MIB is deprecated chassis objects are now described in the ENTITY-MIB.

I agree with you. Also, I read about it in cisco.com.

But the information that I am looking for is, for example, lets say, for a particular port the connector is rj-45; in this case, the cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled will report 3 and accordingly I will decide the connector for a particular port. Now in Entity MIB case, this type of information is not available in any of the OID in the phyiscal table.

I observed that, the entPhysicalVendorType, is used to map the model of a card or a chassis which is similar to cardType.

So, I am trying to find the information about the connector of a port through an alternative MIB's OID which is similar to cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled

Update on the above conversation is that, there are several documents which talks about the mapping of Chassis MIB to Entity MIB. They provide the information about all the OIDs except, the cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled OID.

One of the atricle which provides the information about the mapping is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/technical_references/7200_mib_guides/7200_mib_specs_guide_v3/7200appa.html#wp1283991

I am not understanding why Cisco has not written any article to map the information of this OID to an alternative MIB or an OID. Or they have removed the access to such informaiton in the routers. If YES are these details are no more important?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: