cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager RTMT notification

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

How can I test email notification by RTMT?

As I see, RTMT wants to send mail to email address, but there isn't any result.

I have pasted name of SMTP Mail Server and port number.

I don't know good how Mail server works, can any body help me in this question?

7 Replies 7

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

There is a known bug filed with cisco regarding this and the Bug ID is CSCeg88885. After insatlled the patch win-K9-MS05-019.EXE suggested in the workaround email alerts were fine.

I am running CallManager 6.0 and have the same issue.

Hi,

You may have solved this one..

If you have configured RTMT with a mail server, and then configured the default alert action to email a specific address...

Easiest thing to do is go to RTMT alert central.

1. Go to the system tab

2. Make sure all the alerts are cleared.

3. Open the Set alert properties for the "AuthenticationFailed" alert

4. Ensure alert is enabled, click next

5. Set the appropriate threshold and alert settings.

6. Open CCMAdmin page

7. Try and login with an incorrect username / password X times (X depends on what you set in your threshold settings)

You should see an alert raised, and if your email is all ok.. you should see an email in your inbox.

Cheers,

Tim

I see the alert raised and the so called e-mail recipient but no e-mail.

I have also captured traffic from the server when the alert is supposed to trigger the e-mail, no attempt is made to put the packets for e-mail on the wire.

Did anyone get this to work. Our email server is notes and it does not allow for unknown applications to send emails. Is there a way for RTMT to be configured with a sending email address. Or how does anyone else do this

thanks

Any news?

I had the same problem on CUCM 6.1.2 and solved it with workaround for CSCsf08244 bug.

On CUCM CLI type:

set network dns primary

set network dns secondary

set network domain

Last command "set network domain" restarts CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: