Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Call

Hi all.

We have a cisco 2851 with a VWIC-2MFT-E1 interface and 2 pvdm2 64. We have also a sony video station registerd (sccp) on our Callmanager (4.2).

We are trying to receive a video call from a remote H320 video station.

A show voice call summary on our 2851, shows both primary and secondary call connected.

Our internal Video station shows a "voice only" call.

My question....

How can I use our 2851 to get a working video call?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Carlo Poggiarelli

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
13 Replies 13

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

So the service provider that is providing the E1 PRI has the video service enabled? Is the 2821 configured as an H.320 terminal?

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807ca099.shtml

Please upload the configurations.

Hi

I solved my problem upgrading the IOS of my 2851 to 12.4(15)T1.

The configuration showed at the link above is very similar to mine.

Regards

Carlo

did you try with dynamic secondary channel establish with primary video call.

For me requirement is accept video call from any source, my VG should provide secondary channel to other end dynamically.

Pls. let me know if you have any working confiuration of the same.

Thanks

Hello,

Glad that you resolved the issue! I have a question and that'll be great if you could help me here. I am bit confused about the inbound and outbound numbers that are used for secondary call. You have put 6xxxxxxx for both incoming and outgoing, do thay have to be valid ISDN DDI and do they need to be assigned to any physical device? If you could explain this bit in a little detail, that'll be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

Shoaib.

Hi Shoaib,

The numbers in the pool will be right justified against the first number.

Meaning if your pool is:

And you dial 919-555-0000, your secondary numbers should come out to be 919-555-1111, etc.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. So if a PSTN caller calls me for a video call on 919-555-0000 and the secondary numbers comes 919-555-1111, do both of these number have to be ISDN DDIs? If I assign 919-555-0000 to my video end point e.g. 7985 phone, then where 919-555-1111 number will be assigned to?

My question in summary: All the number in the pool, where do they come from? Do we use DDI's or can ramdomly pick any range?

Many thanks,

Shoaib.

Depending on the endpoint, you can have the secondary numbers be the same as the primary. But whatever you advertise as the secondary, whether they are unique numbers or not, will need to be DDI.

-nick

Thanks Nick,

Let me give it a go and see if that works.

Regards,

Shoaib.

Hi Shoaib

Just to help you, here is my last working config with dynamic secondary call.

Hth

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Thanks very much for this info. I have two questions here for you:

1. What are your H.323 video endpoints in your network? i.e. Where is your dial-peer 9998 is sending IP calls to?

2. Looking at your config, you have voice class called number pool 44 as below

voice class called number pool 44

index 1 727085 - 727099

Could you please tell me where did you get this range from? Are they valid DDIs or any random numbers? Or number assigned to your IP phones.

If you have any network diagram or topology for your solution, that'll be really great!

Many thanks,

Shoaib.

Hi Shoaib

As you can see on my config, my gayeway is registered with a gatekeeper in the same way of my videstation (tandberg)

So dialpeer 9998 is sending ras requests to the gatekeeper.

727085 ,for example, is the number that my videstation uses to register with GK.

727085 - 727099 is the number range that external VS will use to bring up secondary calls

Last (but not leat :) They are not valid DID but the are translated from rule 727.

Here is my network scheme.

Hth

Carlo

Carlo,

You are a star!!! This post has made my life much easier.. I have one final question and then I will let you go. You have 3 video endpoints 727085, 86 and 87 but in the voice class pool you have given the end numebr to be 727099, may I ask what are the numbers from 727088-727099? Are they assigned to any devices? If not then how the secondary call will use these number to connect to your video endpoint?

Thanks in advance!

Shoaib.

Hi Shoaib.

I've reverved this pool for to reasons.

One is for future VS and the other is, as Nick told, because when an external VS calls mine, it may need a sequential number to bring up secondary calls. In this case we can say each number of 727088-727099 range is an isdn b channel that external vs will use to reach the desired (and the available at the remote site) bandwidth for video calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807ca099.shtml

In this document cisco explains the h320 video call flow.Check it and the situation sould be more clear.

Hth

Bye

Carlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: