cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Issues with Sporadic Pings

stpgov21490
Level 1
Level 1

I have two routers at a central location. One is handling data communications and the other is handling voice communications. Data router died recently with a power supply issue. Power supply replaced, communications is back up. Now having other issues cropping up with sporadic ping failures from two servers and voice issues. The Sh Tech has been provided. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I see that the FastEthernet0/0 of the router that handles data communications has had 10 interface resets since the router came back up (that is 10 interface resets in almost 6 days). Check your FastEthernet physical connection, because it could have been slightly "shaken" while you were around the router trying to solve the power supply issue.

Kind Regards,

M.

Thanks I tried that but it did not resolve the issues at hand. I swapped out the entire Cat5 cable with a new one. Where the Cat5 cable is feeding to the switch, I moved it there as well no success.

Hello,

Try to describe the problem you are experiencing with more details. For example, how did you become aware of the problem (e.g. users in particular LAN complaining), where do you initiate your ping efforts, what do those ping efforts target to reach, what path in your network are they supposed to go through, things like that.

Please post the logs from your devices, so we can see the latest events.

In the meantime, you might want to check if your speed and duplex settings are those they are supposed to be, because I see that all the devices you supplied information about have been reset the last week and perhaps some configuration settings where "lost" in this process.

Kind Regards,

M.

I have included a small statement with a screenshot.

In addition here is the original configs before the power supply dropped.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card