cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keepalives

yycsandman007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question that I'm sure someone on here can help me with....

I have a content rule that is dependant on 2 services....there is a webserver and a database server...in order for that content rule to work properly, both need to be up....doesn't do any good if only the webserver is up and the database server is not...or vice versa...so I need to pull that service out of rotation if EITHER of the servers is down....how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance

sandeep

eg) the webserver instance needs to be up on port 83 and the database server instance also needs to be up on port 2099 before the CSS will load balance to them...

I hope this makes sense....

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you'll need to create a script similar to ap-kal-tcp-ports. (I would call it ap-kal-tcplist).

See this script @

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_tech_note09186a00801e1e14.shtml

The idea is to provide not just 1 ip address and several ports, but many tuple (ip address, port).

In your case 2 are enough.

With this script, you can create a global keepalive that will use it with parameters ip1,83,ip2,2099.

The global keepalive will check both devices at the same time.

You can then apply this keepalive to each service.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: