cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sdk hootie/intercom

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

just started looking at hootie and intercom for cm. I'm a CM guy and by no means a sdk guy so please be kind ;-)

Trying to accomplish some sort of broadcase local page over phone such that receptionist can hoot to all at same time and say "joe you have a call parked on 1233".

Looking at hootie it seems that you have to be into the app for it to work unless i'm missing something as i do not see where you assoicate the phones to the hoot group as there is no indication in the .asp files on how to do this.

Just want to do this locally not across the wan.

Is intercom better suited for this type of thing or would hootie do the trick as i'm not sure how it should be and can be used.

Thanks,

Paul the cm guy.

3 Replies 3

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

You will need to use RTPTx and RTPRx commands to transmit and receive audio via IP multicast. You will also need CiscoIPPhoneExecute to push these commands to phone groups.

forgive my ignorance. I get the idea but should i go with the hootie or the intercom sample app as a starting point.

i like the hootie app as it is broadcast based and gets the job done.

Just don't know how to make everyone listen without actually selecting the group.

if you could dumb it down a bit i'd appreciate it.

Unless you really want to develop your own, try PhoneTop Messenger - it is fairly inexpensive and gets the job done.