cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2900XL IOS Upgrade

m1williams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-C2924-XL and a WS-C2924C-XL that have slightly different IOS's on them and I would like to upgrade both of them to the same IOS. Both are currently running ver. 12.0(5.x) but in researching the upgrades I discovered from the relase notes that both of these models have only 4 MB memory which I confirmed. The latest IOS is 8 MB so the upgrade will not fir but instead Cisco tells me that I need to run ver. 11.2? If so how am I running a 12.0 ver now?

Thanx,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Those are 8 meg boxes so you can run 12.0 code without a problem , just delete the current .bin file and download the new one and change the boot statement to point to the new image. where it says 8194K/1024K , the 8194 indicates 8 meg of ram .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

simaskvilius
Level 1
Level 1

Images with different feature sets have different ram and flash memory requirements even if they are same version.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

4 meg boxes can only run 11.2 images . You need 8 meg to run 12.0 images . Can you post a show version for both boxes ?

Here you go.

Mark

Those are 8 meg boxes so you can run 12.0 code without a problem , just delete the current .bin file and download the new one and change the boot statement to point to the new image. where it says 8194K/1024K , the 8194 indicates 8 meg of ram .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco