cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

my simulation software

ulasivictor12
Level 1
Level 1

hello, am just a newbie at the early stages of my ccna, my ios command line interface does not accept the show interface status command. is this normal with all simulation software as i downloaded mine free from the internet.

thanks.

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

for interface status try show ip interface brief

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

thanks jorge, but it still dosent show me the speed and duplex at which the interfaces are running. am more concerned about the switch not the router. with the show interface command, i can view the speed and duplex settings but i cant view if they are autonegociated or not and only the show interface status command can do that, but still my ios keeps telling me that it is an error command.

i think u r running any simulation softwares.Note all cmds may not work with free simulation softwares..eg: boson.

try out downloading dynagen.its really good..

Victor, what kind of simulator are you using? as other stated some simulators do not meet all ios commands, perhaps you may need to look and search for other simulators that may give you more broad options, there are some good simulators out there, if you have access to ios I have heard of a very good simulator called gns3 have not personally tried but heard of very good reviewsod you may check it at http://www.gns3.net/

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Are you able to download Packet Tracer 4.1 ? Either by being on the Network Academy path or by purchasing a Cisco Press book related to the course?

I use it in my studies, although not perfect, it fits in well with the course curriculum and certainly gets away from the problem your experiencing. good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card