Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have one toll free number point to a digital network unity

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have 3 unitys which are digital network. I have one 800 toll free number pointing to the 1st unity so outside callers can call to check voicemail. However, when subscribers from the other unity call the 800 number, it does not recognize their ext when they punch it in. Anyway to get around this other. BTW, local calls to each of the respective Unity works fine to access vm.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're at a reasonably recent version of Unity, you can use the cross server login feature so long as the 3 Unity servers are digitally networked. When logging in Unity requires that it's a local subscriber since all the data necessary to construct the subscriber conversation is only on that user's home Unity server. The cross box login feature will let you sign in as a user homed on another Unity server on the network and then "hand" the call to the correct Unity server for you - there's a short delay while the hand off takes place but other than that from the callers perspective it sounds normal.

There's note on this in the 5.0 admin guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag120e.html#wpmkr1050387