Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH2 on the 26XX series router

neil_titchener
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My question is to do with the 26xx series router IOS. We're currently running a number of 26xx routers on IOS version 12.3(23). This version of IOS states it runs SSH but it doesn't run SSH2 only 1.5.

Can anyone tell me either when SSH2 was introduced to the 26XX IOS or let me know a version of IOS (not too recent)that runs SSH2.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SSHv2 was added in 12.4 mainline for the 2600 line (it was also added in 12.3T, but you're probably interested in staying on the mainline). In the future, you can search for these kind of features using the Feature Navigator at http://www.cisco.com/go/fn/ .

Thanks for that. I have run a search but the output only stated SSH not the version.

It's there. Go to Search by Feature, then type "ssh" into the " Filter by full or partial feature name". Then click Search. One of the features in the Available Features text area will be "Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Server Support". That is the one you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: