CISCO 2620XM IOS Help...Please

Unanswered Question
Jan 9th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello..I purchased a Cisco 2620XM Router with a FastEthernet NM-1FE-TX module in it, from a Business Auction that was held in my area.

- The current IOS is c2600-ipbase-mz.122-5

- How do I obtain the latest IOS for the router?? (Base Image with Firewall)....or whatever someone would like to suggest.

I would like to configure and use the router on my home network... it would be the (A) Roadrunner Cable Modem__>>>__(B) Cisco 2620xm Router__>>>__(C) Microsoft ISA 2006 Server......but I would remove the ISA server if the router has the Firewall in it.

I tried to find the IOS versin that is the latest and greatest.

Any suggestions are welcomed.....

Thanks......

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
andrew.burns Thu, 01/10/2008 - 01:54
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi,

You'll need to do this through your local Cisco reseller. I believe the first thing you need to do is purchase a "re-license for used equipment". Assuming the serial number is legitimate (i.e. it's not a grey import or something like that) you'll then be able to purchase a new IOS on CD.

To avoid having to purchase a CD every time a new release comes out you'd normally buy a smartnet contract, but I'm not sure they are available anymore for this model - again, the reseller should be able to advise on this.

HTH

Andrew.

Actions

This Discussion