cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2620XM IOS Help...Please

SCORPION69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello..I purchased a Cisco 2620XM Router with a FastEthernet NM-1FE-TX module in it, from a Business Auction that was held in my area.

- The current IOS is c2600-ipbase-mz.122-5

- How do I obtain the latest IOS for the router?? (Base Image with Firewall)....or whatever someone would like to suggest.

I would like to configure and use the router on my home network... it would be the (A) Roadrunner Cable Modem__>>>__(B) Cisco 2620xm Router__>>>__(C) Microsoft ISA 2006 Server......but I would remove the ISA server if the router has the Firewall in it.

I tried to find the IOS versin that is the latest and greatest.

Any suggestions are welcomed.....

Thanks......

1 Reply 1

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You'll need to do this through your local Cisco reseller. I believe the first thing you need to do is purchase a "re-license for used equipment". Assuming the serial number is legitimate (i.e. it's not a grey import or something like that) you'll then be able to purchase a new IOS on CD.

To avoid having to purchase a CD every time a new release comes out you'd normally buy a smartnet contract, but I'm not sure they are available anymore for this model - again, the reseller should be able to advise on this.

HTH

Andrew.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card