cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2620XM IOS Help...Please

SCORPION69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello..I purchased a Cisco 2620XM Router with a FastEthernet NM-1FE-TX module in it, from a Business Auction that was held in my area.

- The current IOS is c2600-ipbase-mz.122-5

- How do I obtain the latest IOS for the router?? (Base Image with Firewall)....or whatever someone would like to suggest.

I would like to configure and use the router on my home network... it would be the (A) Roadrunner Cable Modem__>>>__(B) Cisco 2620xm Router__>>>__(C) Microsoft ISA 2006 Server......but I would remove the ISA server if the router has the Firewall in it.

I tried to find the IOS versin that is the latest and greatest.

Any suggestions are welcomed.....

Thanks......

1 Reply 1

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You'll need to do this through your local Cisco reseller. I believe the first thing you need to do is purchase a "re-license for used equipment". Assuming the serial number is legitimate (i.e. it's not a grey import or something like that) you'll then be able to purchase a new IOS on CD.

To avoid having to purchase a CD every time a new release comes out you'd normally buy a smartnet contract, but I'm not sure they are available anymore for this model - again, the reseller should be able to advise on this.

HTH

Andrew.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card