Views
Helpful
Replies

Wan trunking

rashid74as
Level 1
Level 1

hi to all

kindly i wonder if i can do WAN trunking between two switch on differner site and subnet

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rashid

If the connection between your 2 sites is a layer 2 connection then yes you set this link up as a trunk and pass multiple vlan traffic.

If the sites are on different subnets though why do you want to do this. Remember that a trunk runs at Layer 2 and so Spanning-tree will extend between your sites.

Jon

dear jon

many thanks for your fast replay

kindly ,i have CRA server and i want recording and montoring of the agents for another site on Unique server .please find the portion of configruation on core SW

description To Reflector Ports of SW3

switchport access vlan 800

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

Spanning-tree portfast

and then access SW

description Reflector Port

switchport access vlan 800

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

Monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 800 reflector-ports

note Vlan 800 is for span&rspan

I understand why you want to do this now. The question remains the same, what type of connectivity do you currently have between your sites. Is it yours or is it provided bt an SP.

As Mounir suggested if it is ISP owned you can talkt to them about Q-in-Q and you could also look at L2TPv3 which allows you to extend a layer 2 vlan across a layer 3 link.

Jon

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

What is the intermediate connectivity type? your provider can offer Q-in-Q for such case if they support it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card