Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3560 Port Trunking with ALLIED Telesyn At-8324

bhatti.imran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem of making a trunk between catalyst 3560 and AT 8324. Both are 1 Gbps link and below is the configuration of the catalyst switch.

interface GigabitEthernet0/5

description trunk to ALLied_TELESYN

switchport access vlan 5

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

duplex full

end

ANd in the allied telesyn switch i configured the uplink port with as a tagged port for all vlans ( total 5 Vlans).

But i am unable to get the Ip address from DHCP server.

Can some body help me how to complete this task.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi,

On Cisco switch what is the native (not tagged) VLAN on trunk?

All VLAN on Cisco switch that must be passed to Allied Telesyn switch must be tagged.

A VLAN cannot be tagged on one side and tagged on the other side.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

check ur configuration above..

u have configured the interface as both trunk and access.U can only do one.If u are trunking then remove the "switchport access vlan " cmd.Also give same native vlan on both end..

Hi,

You can also define switchport access vlan vlan-id when you configure a trunk port.

From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swvlan.html#wp1200245

The commandswitchport access vlan vlan-id : (Optional) Specify the default VLAN, which is used if the interface stops trunking.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

ooo g8..that was a new info for me..thanks..

I know we r diverting form topic ,but still for clarification..

but again see the next para on the link u send,there its mentioned "To disable trunking, use the switchport mode access interface configuration command to configure the port as a static-access port."

so doent configuring that above make your trunk diable..or i am misundetstanding the sentence???or is that if u specify a vlan id also with it then trunking is not disabled??

Hi,

If I well understand your question, here is the explanation:

Switchport access vlan vlan-id Specify the default VLAN, which is used if the interface stops trunking.

switchport MODE access is used to disable trunking. The key word is MODE.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: