Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3560 Port Trunking with ALLIED Telesyn At-8324

bhatti.imran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem of making a trunk between catalyst 3560 and AT 8324. Both are 1 Gbps link and below is the configuration of the catalyst switch.

interface GigabitEthernet0/5

description trunk to ALLied_TELESYN

switchport access vlan 5

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

duplex full

end

ANd in the allied telesyn switch i configured the uplink port with as a tagged port for all vlans ( total 5 Vlans).

But i am unable to get the Ip address from DHCP server.

Can some body help me how to complete this task.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi,

On Cisco switch what is the native (not tagged) VLAN on trunk?

All VLAN on Cisco switch that must be passed to Allied Telesyn switch must be tagged.

A VLAN cannot be tagged on one side and tagged on the other side.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

check ur configuration above..

u have configured the interface as both trunk and access.U can only do one.If u are trunking then remove the "switchport access vlan " cmd.Also give same native vlan on both end..

Hi,

You can also define switchport access vlan vlan-id when you configure a trunk port.

From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swvlan.html#wp1200245

The commandswitchport access vlan vlan-id : (Optional) Specify the default VLAN, which is used if the interface stops trunking.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

ooo g8..that was a new info for me..thanks..

I know we r diverting form topic ,but still for clarification..

but again see the next para on the link u send,there its mentioned "To disable trunking, use the switchport mode access interface configuration command to configure the port as a static-access port."

so doent configuring that above make your trunk diable..or i am misundetstanding the sentence???or is that if u specify a vlan id also with it then trunking is not disabled??

Hi,

If I well understand your question, here is the explanation:

Switchport access vlan vlan-id Specify the default VLAN, which is used if the interface stops trunking.

switchport MODE access is used to disable trunking. The key word is MODE.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card