Views
Helpful
Replies

Listing / Removing clients from "Client Exclusion Policies"

maraboli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Due to "Excessive 802.11 Association Failures" and "Excessive 802.11 Authentication Failures", I have some users that cannot connect anymore to the WLC system.

Is there a list of these "excluded" clients ??

How can I remove one of these "excluded" clients from that list??, i.e. un-exclude them

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marcelo,

in WCS menu Monitor-clients click on new search (left tab) and choose from drop-down menu (All exluded Client). List of excluded clients will occure. If you click to a given excluded client you can from drop-down menu remove that client from exclusin list.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcelo,

Exclusion List (Blacklist) Client Feature

If a client is not able to connect to an access point, and the security policy for the WLAN and client are correct, the client has probably been disabled. In the controller GUI, you can view the client's status on the Monitor > Summary page under Client Summary. If the client is disabled, click Remove to clear the disabled state for that client. The client automatically comes back and, if necessary, reattempts authentication.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the pointer, I was looking for these options under the WCS, not the Controller itself.

This should be available in WCS as well, right ? (if not, what's the point in having a WCS?)

These things are not mentioned in the "online HELP".

Thanks for your response and time.

best regards,

Hi Marcelo,

in WCS menu Monitor-clients click on new search (left tab) and choose from drop-down menu (All exluded Client). List of excluded clients will occure. If you click to a given excluded client you can from drop-down menu remove that client from exclusin list.

Thanks !

problem solved!

Hi all,

I'm using WCS version 5.0.56.0.

I can see an entry under "Monitor" security tab, so i can remove the client (so far so good).

But if I use the search as Marcelo described, I never get an entry.

Does anyone of you have the same problem?

Did I make something wrong?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card