cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm service Unstable on Publisher

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are experiencing a increasing frequency of crashes on our Publisher Call Manager of the Call Manager Service. This requires a manual restart of the service every time, and is becoming a cause of concern.

The system event log message is this:

The Cisco CallManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

In regards to this I have followed up the advise given in the following article

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ccmcrash.html

However, it not resolved the issue.

Please note that the backups are done at 11.30pm. And no drwts32.log are being generated. Please advice how we can make the system more reliable.

Please rate all useful posts
6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

For this type of problems please open a case with us to diagnose the issue.

Thanks.

I have opened a TAC case on this.

The issue we have seen now is that the antivirus software running on the server was setup to run between 1am and 2am the time when the ccm service crashes.

This was also setup to use 100% of CPU. Hence CCM service is ben starved of resources.

Thanks

Make sure to setup exclusions in you AV software to not scan the program files/cisco folder. Also the trace directory, if you have moved it to the F: drive.

There is also a setting in Mcafee that will limit the amount of CPU utilized.

nmirzaeva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

we probably have the same problem but on subscriber.once we have to restart service. the latest record in drwts32.log was made one month earlier.

what about your SR in Cisco TAC? any suggestion from DE engineer?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This problem on our network was resolved using the perfmon....

The perfmon showed that scandisk was scheduled to run at 100% CPU utilization between 1am and 2am. (Hence starving Callmanager of resources and once call manager is starved of CPU for about 15s it crashes) These is usually the time that the crash occurs.

We then changed the setup for scan disk at this hour to use 60%.

This has resolved our problem.

I suggest you use perfmon to see whats running especially if drwts32.log does not show anything

Hi, Aokanlawon!

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, we don't use AV on ccm server and maximum cpu load is up to 50%.

I think we need apply request in Cisco TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: