cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME or UC500 does NOT support change of Calling Name on global basis

dcoulanges
Level 1
Level 1

The gateway is sending the display name to the telco but the pstn user receive the display name / calling name of the user extension.

I will like to overridden Calling Name on global basis when the CME telephony layer on the voice architecture passes a global calling name to the ISDN layer which is the name a of compagny.

Cisco department confirmed internally that the calling name cannot be overridden when the CME telephony layer on the voice architecture passes the calling name to the ISDN layer. The ability is available on CallManager and not CallManager Express.

I will like to know if you have that issue on your systems or other workaround with vendor ?

CISCO Three workaround:

ask the Telco to change of Calling Name on global basis on they ISDN switch

or

The full blown version of CallManager supports changing Calling Name to the telco.

or

Cisco told me that i could use TCL script to change the calling name .

i need to have contact developer to get such a script ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok.

Yes, you would need a TCL/IVR script to change the name. Scripting is not very difficult, but it takes time to debug and perfect, even for small tasks.

You can look at the scripts that I wrote and keep at:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

The one you want, shouldn't be too difficult to derive, although certain things have to be made differently, eg it should be an outgoing script.

If you want to contact me privately, do that at address in my profile.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Before discussing the options, how you can be sure that a calling name will be accepted by telco ? I've never heard of this, as it would allow misuses by malicious users.

Does currently telco accpet the extension calling name ?

good morning,

yes, telco accpet the extension calling name and number.

The issue is about that any employee that will try to call on outbound they will sent a single caller id name and number that the remote pstn user will see wich is the name of the compagny and the main number.

Right now the caller ID number works because of the translation rule, but the caller id name is not working.

Ok.

Yes, you would need a TCL/IVR script to change the name. Scripting is not very difficult, but it takes time to debug and perfect, even for small tasks.

You can look at the scripts that I wrote and keep at:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

The one you want, shouldn't be too difficult to derive, although certain things have to be made differently, eg it should be an outgoing script.

If you want to contact me privately, do that at address in my profile.

Thanks Paolo,

but wich one to take modify?

good morning,

yes, telco accpet the extension calling name and number.

The issue is about that any employee that will try to call on outbound they will sent a single caller id name and number that the remote pstn user will see wich is the name of the compagny and the main number.

Right now the caller ID number works because of the translation rule, but the caller id name is not working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: