cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QSIG Divert issues through 2851 E1 connection

IAIN HILL
Level 1
Level 1

I appear to have an issue with supplimentary services over a QSIG link to a Mitel SK2000 PABX. The attached two files show the working call through the system and a failed call which should be forwarded onto another system through the QSIG messaging.

The Mitel SX2000 is configured for QSIG ISO and appears to work fine in all other aspects and can be seen to send the divert message to the router but this then ignores the message to remake the call through to the new number.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which exact IOS is that? Where the divert is supposed to go ?

Sorry its taken a little while to get you the answer but I have been away from net access.

The IOS is 12.4 17a SP Services.

The call divert is supposed to take the call to another PBX within the TDM side of the network. It is given a QSIG suplimantry message (call divert reroute) from the Mitel sx2000 and this is either not understood or ignored by the router. The other call diverts appear to work but they are using a different message (call divert forward).

It appears as though the router can pass the divert information on to a Call Manager solution over SIP but we need this to be done nativley within the router as the SIP phone system is not CCM.

Hi,

if the router understand the other diverts, still encoded in qsig, the only thing you can try if to use 12.4(11)XW5 and see if that helps, sometime they add features silently and one has to try.

the issues have been resolved by upgrading to a T train release of code later than 12.4(9), I used 12.4(15)T1.

This then gives you additional configuration options such as within the dial peer pots>

supplementary-service qsig call-forward

This sorted the call forward but the voicemail didn't carry over the origionally called number so I had to disable a couple of options on the VoIP peer>

qsig decode

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

no supplementary-service sip refer

Once these were in place the system was happy again.

Good to know, now my recommendation for (11)XW5 was because it does all what (15)T1 does, but has bugfixes not present in (15)T1. BTW, (15)T2 is also out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: