cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time display on 7940/7960 IP phones

tomevans
Level 1
Level 1

There is no time diplayed on the phones. Is there somewhere this needs to be defined? These phones are connected to an Asterisk server. The DHCP server is configured with an NTP server address.

6 Replies 6

cpubob
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a local ntp server then you don't need to do anything, they will recieve the ntp broadcast as long as you server is sending it to the local network. For a remote server, check this doc out, it tells you which parameters to change and the behaviour for each.

For my setup, I just configured ASTERISK to sync off my router and then ASTERISK provided clock to the phones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/2_0/english/administration/guide/maintain.html#wp1042639

Thanks a lot for your response. I have not been getting anywhere with this issue. So, if I understand your configuration correctly, you have local ntp server? How did you have Asterisk provide the clock to the phones. At this stage, I simply see no clock at all on the phones LCD.

Thanks again

Thanks a lot for your response. I have not been getting anywhere with this issue. So, if I understand your configuration correctly, you have a local ntp server? How did you have Asterisk provide the clock to the phones. At this stage, I simply see no clock at all on the phones LCD.

Thanks again

This was a valuable link. Each of the Cisco phones, by default have a time zone set to CST. I set EST in Asterisk, but the phones don't seem to be picking up that parameter. They continue to display the time in CST.

The above worked just fine. I just can not get the phones to display the correct time zone. No matter what I define in Asterisk, the phones still display their default CST.

Hi, have you tried voip-info.org suggestions for sipdefault.cnf ?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940-7960+Daylight+Savings

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card