Caller-ID w/ CME and PRI

Unanswered Question
Jan 10th, 2008

I have a CME running in the UK connected to a PRI. We are getting inbound caller ID from some sites and not from others. For example, we have an office in Germany. Then users from the Germany office call our site in the UK it appears as Unknown, but when they call one of our other facilties in the UK running an old PBX the caller-id displays. So I am lead to believe there may be something misconfigured on the CME. When I place calls from the US to the CME in the UK it also display as Unknown.

I have attached q931 debug detail.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pcameron Thu, 01/10/2008 - 13:40

here is the Q931 setup message that comes in from the Telco -

Jan 10 16:39:25.022 GMT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Calling Party Number i = 0x00C3, N/A

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '234169'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

As this is a verbatim copy of what was passed from the Telco to the router, there is a calling number IE field but it has nothing in it.

This is a Telco issue - it's likely your other sites that are seeing the CLID are working through different Service Providers or you may need to get the Telco to enable the caller ID on this particular PRI service.

If you see caller ID for local (UK) calls, there may be some issue with the passing of the CLID between the carriers.

This Discussion