Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.X and Exchange 2007

vmani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This question has probably been asked and answered in this forum but I have not been able to find a clear answer. We have Unity 4.0(5) (UM license) (seperate server) partnered to a Exchange 2003 server. We would like to migrate to an Exchange 2007 environment.

I understand that Unity 4.X does not support Exchange 2007 and since we cannot upgrade to Unity 5 at this time, we plan to keep the current Exchange 2003 server active on the network

What are the issues we need to be concerned about? Can we move all subscriber and Unity system mailboxes to the Exchange 2007 server? or should we move just the subscriber (all exchange 2003 users are also Unity UM subscribers) and keep the Unity system mailboxes on Exchange 2003?

I need to be clear if this is even a supported configuration and any potential issues or caveats when migrating to such a environment

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have the 2007 exchange server coexsist on the network with exchange 2003. The caviat is that you will not be able move Exchange mailboxes from 2003 to 2007 and still expect to have voicemail for them with Unity 4.x.

Rule of thumb:

Unity 4.x and Exchange 2003 = Good

Unity 4.x and Exchange 2003 server + Exchange Exchange 2007 server = good, but only subscribers on Exchange 2003 will have voicemail. Any mailboxes on Exchange 2007 will NOT have voicemail.

Once you upgrade Unity to 5.0, you can use 2007 completely.

HOpe this helps.