cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Configuration with Inline card

donaldzajic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 612 as the Center Manager and two 7341's, one in the datacenter and one at a remote location.

I have placed one 7341 inline between two NetApp 3070s and a Cisco 6500 switch. The other 7341 is inline between a NetApp R200 and another Cisco 6500.

First question, is this inline configuration correct? Can I go directly from the NetApp interface to the Inline card on the WAAS then to the switch or do I need an additional "network" device between the NetApp appliances and the switches?

The symptom is, when configured as described, if I put the SnapMirror traffic in passthrough mode, I have no problems. If I change this to any of the traffic options, TFO Only, TFO with LZ, TFO with DRE or Full Optimization, any existing SnapMirror sessions continue and optimization is experienced; however, no new SnapMirror sessions can start. I receive an error in the NetApp indicating that it "failed due to a network error".

If I change it back to passthrough, the sessions perform a retry and start successfully.

Is it my physical configuration, or is it something else?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Don Zajic

dzajic@4tiburon.com

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Don,

You don't necessarily need an intermediate network device, but I would like to understand your topology a little better. Can you provide a basic topology diagram of your setup?

In addition, what version of WAAS are you running?

Thanks,

Zach

Zack,

I am running 4.0.13.23 on all three devices. I will work on a diagram for you.

Don

Don,

If traffic is passing through both inline groups in a single WAE, you may be running into CSCsk47177.

Zach