cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Configuration with Inline card

donaldzajic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 612 as the Center Manager and two 7341's, one in the datacenter and one at a remote location.

I have placed one 7341 inline between two NetApp 3070s and a Cisco 6500 switch. The other 7341 is inline between a NetApp R200 and another Cisco 6500.

First question, is this inline configuration correct? Can I go directly from the NetApp interface to the Inline card on the WAAS then to the switch or do I need an additional "network" device between the NetApp appliances and the switches?

The symptom is, when configured as described, if I put the SnapMirror traffic in passthrough mode, I have no problems. If I change this to any of the traffic options, TFO Only, TFO with LZ, TFO with DRE or Full Optimization, any existing SnapMirror sessions continue and optimization is experienced; however, no new SnapMirror sessions can start. I receive an error in the NetApp indicating that it "failed due to a network error".

If I change it back to passthrough, the sessions perform a retry and start successfully.

Is it my physical configuration, or is it something else?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Don Zajic

dzajic@4tiburon.com

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Don,

You don't necessarily need an intermediate network device, but I would like to understand your topology a little better. Can you provide a basic topology diagram of your setup?

In addition, what version of WAAS are you running?

Thanks,

Zach

Zack,

I am running 4.0.13.23 on all three devices. I will work on a diagram for you.

Don

Don,

If traffic is passing through both inline groups in a single WAE, you may be running into CSCsk47177.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: