cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 7341 Disk Encryption Enable

donaldzajic
Level 1
Level 1

As previously mentioned, I have a 612 as the Center Manager and two 7341's, one in the datacenter and one at a remote location.

With the two 7341's registered to the CM, using either the CM GUI or CLI on each 7341, I am attempting to enable disk encryption.

Issuing the "disk encrypt enable" on each 7341 responds with a message that it is communicating with the CM and retrieving key. This returns "success" on both 7341's.

I then perform a copy run start, and reload. Once the WAEs are back network accessible, I do a show disk details and I eventually see that the encryption was successful.

However, when I go into the CM GUI and look at the log for each of the 7341's, I see that one of them reloads successfully with encryption enable and the other has an error "WAAS Disk-2-20005 Fail to retrieve encryption key rc=11" This could also end with rc=20 or rc=255. All indications are that the CM is online and available when encryption is enable, but for some reason the 7341 cannot retrieve the key when it reloads. The thing is that the one with the problem is sitting on the same switch as the CM and the one that can retrieve the key is physically located miles away.

Any ideas?

Don Zajic

dzajic@4tiburon.com

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Don,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have been looking for some more detailed information on the reason codes in the error message, but haven't found it yet.

Can you check the following output on the CM CLI:

sh key s

What do you see for the WAE in the Data Center?

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: